Sunday 20 February 2011

It's been a busy few days. I've been mostly baking and general boring household stuff, although enjoy the baking. It really takes me away from everything and I focus completely on what I am doing and nothing else. I'm still honing my skills and I've a bit of a plan on the go which I hope will soon come together, but at the moment it's not looking too hopeful, but - fingers crossed. I really need to practice decorating skills, but I'm a bit impatient and don't really like fiddly things, but if I want to continue it is something I'm going to have to learn.

I baked two lots of cookies and three different types of cupcakes on Friday and then today I baked cookies and marshmallow cupcakes. Luckily, I don't happen to like marshmallows so I can keep away from them very easily. The cookies are going to work with me tomorrow, hopefully to get eaten. I've kept some aside for other half and daughter to eat otherwise I'd never hear the end of it. I've taken some photos of everything I baked, but I'm not happy with the quality of the photos so I'm still deciding whether or not to upload them.

I feel like I'm cooking and baking the same things all the time, I seem to stick to my tried and tested recipes that have been successful, but I have loads of cookery books and baking books by lots of different people I start and be more adventurous and try new things. I wish I had more time to do the things I really like!


2 comments:

  1. I Love reading your blog and I have awarded you a stylish Blogger award check it out at www.littlewillowthinking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. You should still upload the photo's on here even if the quality isn't the best otherwise there won't be a record of it at all! Why don't you think the venture is sounding too hopeful? Did she get back to you?
    Oooh cookies :)

    ReplyDelete