Wednesday 2 February 2011

Cupcakes




So here we have the the Red Velvet Cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. I'd like to say that I baked these, but can't be that dishonest. My daughter made them and again very nice they were too. The inside spongey bit was more chocolatey colour than red, so would use a little more food colouring next time.

They are covered with my favourite topping, that is the lovely cream cheese frosting. So moreish, think I could just eat a whole bowl of the stuff. Then I would obviously feel very sick, but frankly I wouldn't care.


Whilst talking cakes, the other photo is my latest creation baked only earlier this week, it is a Walnut layer cake, covered in lovely fondant icing. Not sure the fondant icing was a great success as I was a bit impatient waiting for it to thicken so it was slightly sloppy but still tasted great. It must have tasted okay as it's all gone. I do keep saying I'm going to bake some cakes and take them into work, but they just don't seem to last that long. Back soon with more blurb.

No comments:

Post a Comment