Monday 3 October 2011

Cakes and Meteor Showers

Haven't blogged for absolutely ages, as I've been really busy baking cakes. I've had lots of commissions during September including two 21st cakes AND a wedding!!

I was very nervous doing the first 21st cake as it was a particular commission, but it turned out quite well and my client was very pleased and I had good feedback on not only the look of the cake and how it was decorated but also the taste.

The wedding cake was cupcakes and a topper. The bride wanted a lemon flavoured topper and I found a recipe that I'd never used before and tried it out the week before. It was really nice. I actually delivered the cakes to the wedding venue and set them up. I had a message from the bride the week after the wedding that the cakes were lovely and that she had some nice comments about them. I was so relieved as I was very nervous as I felt that it was such a big responsibility. I had a lovely e.mail from the bride's mum as well.

I've now set up a FB page for my cakes called Cakes and Bakes by Christine so please feel free to have a look at all of the photos I've put on there. I've also had lots of cupcake orders over the summer, but this week is a quiet week so I thought I'd catch up on lots of things that I've neglected and plan some things for the festive season.

Have a good week everyone and don't forget Saturday 8th October, if we have clear skies, there should be a fantastic meteor shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment