Wednesday 26 October 2011

Bit of a catch up

Once again, it seems like time is passing so quickly and I barely have time to blog, (not sure anyone's even reading it actually) lol!
I've been busy baking cakes for the requests I've had, a couple 21st cakes and others. Pics available at Cakes and Bakes by Christine , so feel free to have a look and let me have some feedback (constructive of course). As I'm new to the cake decorating mullarkey, I always ask my customer's what the cake was like, as for me, it's not just about how it looks (although it obviously has to look good), it is about the taste.
I've been using the same recipes for a while so I'm hoping I get some spare time soon, to try a few different ones and also bake some cookies. I also need to start planning my Christmas cake and how I'm going to decorate that.
I'm booked on a cake decorating course which starts early next month and as there is sooo much to learn I know I will learn lots, but there will still be tons of knowledge and skills I need to gain. It is the Cake International at the NEC also early next month and I'm hoping to have a whizz around that and spend all my month's salary in one go!
I also spend a lot of time looking at other cake bakers websites and admiring all their work, they are all just so talented.

On another, completely different note, not much stargazing been going on as it has been so cloudy, although you could see Jupiter very clearly for a few nights as it is very bright. Hopefully with the colder weather on the way, we may have a few clear nights for skywatching and keep your eyes peeled skyward for the ISS passing over - it is usually around 7.15pm at the moment and travels from West to East, it is well worth a look, I promise. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment