Sunday 9 January 2011

2011

Well happy new year to one and all. Haven't been around for quite a while, life hasn't been as straightforward as it should but I'm going to try and get back into the routine of posting on my blog.

I did a fair bit of baking before Christmas making:

White Chocolate and Cranberry Cupcakes, a huge Christmas cake also decorated this myself, lots of fruit cakes and a delicious Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheesecake (that recipe courtesy of Nigella Lawson). Oh and not forgetting the sugar cookies I baked and decorated with different coloured glittery icing.

Today I baked Fork Cookies, courtesy of the lovely Mary Berry.

Inbetween all of this, I've also been trying to keep up with my stargazing and following lots of others who are interested in Astronomy on Twitter. Particularly, @Virual Astro and @ProfBriann Cox. There has been a lot going on in the sky since early December with the meteor shower (can't remember the name of it) early in December, during which I managed to spot five meteors so I was really pleased with that. Last weeks meteor shower proved a bit of a let down as it has been cloudy in the North West for what seems like weeks. Forecast tonight is for clear skies so will go out later and have a quick look to see what I can see. Will be back. Take it easy.



No comments:

Post a Comment